Re: Whew. . .

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tyree from cache-mtc-ak02.proxy.aol.com (64.12.96.199) on Friday, March 14, 2003 at 11:38am :

In Reply to: Indy-era posters get new look posted by Inby from ? (66.150.12.207) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 at 9:36am :

: Check 'em out. Indy was a teacher and explorer at heart - he lived to ask questions...

No offense to anyone out there, but Indy wasn't a radical left-wing extremist. More of a patriot, if you asked me. Although Indy probably wouldn't wish for war ("Every real warrior prays for peace," as said by a retired Navy SEAL), as a veteren he would realize sometimes there is a need for conflict. And as a former Recon Marine, I can testify to the fact that there are very few, if any, front-line troops that don't want the chance to "prove" themselves in combat. Its frustrating for a warrior to train and hone his or her skills to razor sharpness, and never get to see if that training pays off. And again, very few, if any, of our combat troops would object to being sent into harm's way to protect or country and the freedoms living in the USA provides, even the freedom to protest, as much as our warriors may not care for the attitudes of the protesters. Remember, the draft is no longer in act. ALL of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines are volunteers, from the cook, to the mechanic, to the payclerk, right to the combat troops... ALL VOLUNTEERS. And I can almost guarantee that if Indy were here, he would agree. P.S. Anyone heard from Operator Jake lately? Can anyone guess why? I worked with the SEALs on numerous occasions, and can almost promise you that one of our own little group of Indy fans is somewhere in harm's way, keeping us safe as we sleep in our beds at night. And to all who say we are in no danger these days, from Saddam and his ilk... REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 11, 2003
That day, if I recollect, we, as Americans, swore to NEVER FORGET, and to NEVER ALLOW a tragedy like that to happen again. If we ignore Saddam, it will happen again.

Sorry to get completely and totally off the Indy track, but these are just a few things we should think about, because Saddam doesn't show Indy movies in Iraq, cuz they represent Western thought... not allowing Indy is reason enough for a butt-whuppin'!!

Regards,

Tyree

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com