I heard about this topic...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, March 27, 2003 at 6:04pm :

In Reply to: A GREAT book to read. posted by Darth Indy from ? (65.162.7.193) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 at 0:11am :

...a few years ago. The title I heard of then was 'The Code', so I'm betting your title was the follow up book. I was in a Barnes and Noble store at that time, and asked if they had a copy. I almost felt like Indy did when he was looking around for the 'X' marks the spot in Venice, as there was one copy, WELL thumbed through, hidden on the back shelf of the balcony 'Religion' section of the store. Darkest corner too. I glanced through it, and found several chapters torn out of this copy, so apprarently a LOT of folks were 'reading' the book, and taking samples away with them. That was an odd experience. The sellers acted like they really didn't want to admit the book existed. Really weird. Regards. Michaelson

: Hello everyone. I just couldn't put down this book I checked out called (don't judge a book by its cover) The Bible Code II: The Countdown by Michael Drosnin. Came out in 2002. Whether you take it in as nonfiction or luck this is a great read for any archaeology/Indy Fan. It tells the commentary of a New York Times former reporter who meets with world leaders and those in power periodically and who believes there is a code in the Torah for everything including the future. He shows the code tables for September 11th, Arafat, Bush, etc. Even if you don't like the "hocus pocus" stuff as Indy would say, the archaeology commentary reads just like an Indy novel. Finding an ancient Obleisk/Computer/Spaceship using X marks the spot from clues in the Bibe Code. I haven't read the first book he wrote which basically showed how WWII Hitler etc could be shown in the Bible code. This one shows more recent and "future" events in the odd chapters such as him speaking to Arafat, Sharon, Powell, about national security issues with the Bible Code as a guide and odd chapters his "adventure" with finding the "Steel Ark". It is a great book and I do want to know your comments on it After you've read it or at least read 5 chapters into it. All in all I can't say if I'm swayed by the "evidence" but I did have fun reading it. Darth Indy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com