Sometimes our 2 party system stinks...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24-117-29-84.cpe.cableone.net (24.117.29.84) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 at 2:16pm :

In Reply to: It belongs in a museum! posted by graml from user-2ivev1i.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.124.50) on Monday, April 14, 2003 at 7:57pm :

: Or at least a well-protected museum. A real shame about what's happened in Baghdad. This is an archaeological disaster on the scale of the Taliban's (remember them?) destruction of the Buddha statues.
: -graml
: PS Don't bother getting upset that the link came from The Nation. We all know what a flamin' bleeding heart liberal I am; and we don't need to rehash it.
: PPS Mmm...hash. Uh...I mean, just say NO, children!

especially when trash talk like this abounds. Admit it, there is nothing that the current administration could have done, that would not have got the hackles up of the opposing political party. It is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Let's see now, we should have protected the treasures, but the citizens of Baghdad were not interested in doing so. Have you ever thought that perhaps it never occurred to us that they would loot their own museums? I would have never considered it.These folks are supposed to be really religious, so much that some will even blow themselves up just to kill an American or Brit for God. This just shows they are as religious as the folks in our inner cities. And I always thought these folks really lived their religion, fanatically so. Surprise. Still, it is a shame that the treasures were looted. But being valuable means they are not lost. Just misplaced. Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com