Raiders of the Iraqi Museum.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Renderking Fisk from user-105n9e0.dialup.mindspring.com (64.91.165.192) on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 10:01pm :

In Reply to: It belongs in a museum! posted by graml from user-2ivev1i.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.124.50) on Monday, April 14, 2003 at 7:57pm :

: Or at least a well-protected museum. A real shame about what's happened in Baghdad. This is an archaeological disaster on the scale of the Taliban's (remember them?) destruction of the Buddha statues.
: -graml

Let me see if I understand the logic to this one… The Marines and the Army of the United States of America are responsible for the raid of looters or professional thieves of the Iraqi National Museum? Or, the Bush administration is responsible for the raid?

Work with me on the math, here… I’m a bit confused. Maybe too many people are listening to the mindless pap coming from the International Commune known as The United Nations, but The United States Armed Forces are NOT the Global Police Force. The job of The United States Armed Forces is to win wars FIRST then keep the peace SECOND. I don’t remember preserving the nation treasures of another country being high on that list.

I’m also amazed there wasn’t this much outrage when the raciest bigots of the Middle East (“The Teleban” for those of you poll counters in Palm Beach Florida) were blowing up Buddhist monuments.

Also, I find it a bit suspicious that Sad-Dam’n disappear and there’s a raid in this museum. I would bet a bottle of 12-year-old scotch that if that desert rat is a live and well in Syria, he’s got that junk. If that’s true, he killed two birds with one stone: embarrassed the American’s and kept his favorite pieces. To not acknowledge this as a possibility at the very least illustrates ignorant bias against the Americans.

Speaking of Junk… that’s just what it is. It’s junk that’s a few thousand years old. In comparison to the lives of innocent children, they’re meaningless. Let me propose to you parents out there: Someone has a gun to your head and you have to choose the life of your child living in a country with liberty and freedom or the preservation of the Mona Lisa. 5 seconds… pick one.

You’re going to pick the life of your child living in a country with liberty and freedom. If you choose the Mona Lisa over your kid, you’re a sincerely bad parent who needs a visit from the stuffed suits at Social Services.

Have a nice day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com