Re: You gotta do what you gotta do

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24-117-29-84.cpe.cableone.net (24.117.29.84) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 11:55am :

In Reply to: Re: You gotta do what you gotta do posted by Renderking Fisk from user-uinj4sc.dialup.mindspring.com (165.121.147.140) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 8:17am :

: : : : "First let me say that I got in another fan's Hj today"
: : : ".... using mmarosy's HJ( a thin felt HJ from 1990), I have tweaked my own block to mimic the shape of the block on that hat. I am tickled pink. Fedora"
: :
: : "I’m content with my Optimo Indy hats. I love em’ (they’re close enough for me). " Rundquist

: Since we’re all jumping on the favorite hat bandwagon… (How many of you can guess what I’m about to say even before you clicked when you saw my handle?)

: Still new praise for the Akubra, the best fedora I’ve owned in 20 years. Yesterday I was caught in a downpour while out in the woods and quarter mile left to go on a short hike. I was afraid that this time my trusty Federation would get soaked and lose its block once and for all. Water was actually coming through the satin liner it was so soaked.

: Got home, let it dry upside down on the crown and gave the front an extra tight pinch… hoping the Akubra wouldn’t shrink and went to bed.

: Woke up this morning at 4:30 to take the wife into Boston, put the fedora on and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror… even though I was grumpy and not looking by best, I was pleased at the results of my “Upside-down On the Crown” technique of keeping the fedora well blocked. Three words: NO NEW TAPER!

: Yea, it might seem to be a cheap lid but it’s the li’ll fedora that could. I love it. Can’t say enough good things about it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am with you Renderking. I also own the exceptional Optimos, but always seem to grab a Fed when I am on my way out of the door. Not only is it the best fedora you have owned in 20 years, but it is the best value for the money as well. And, unlike some brands, it actually looks like an Indy hat. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com