Contrary to popular opinion...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 1:42pm :

In Reply to: Re: Indy and the Raiders posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 1:21pm :

: But “Star Wars” (the first movie made) was always titled “A New Hope”.

Not until the theatrical re-release, actually, when Lucas realized a sequel was a financial reality.

As for the title of 'Raiders,' personally, they can stick it in a box (contrary to what I've said before, I've had a change of heart)and call it "Indiana Jones Is Really a Raider of the Lost Ark, But We're Changing The Title Because Of The Stupid Young Indy Chronicles,' as long as they DON"T ALTER A SINGLE FRAME OF THE FILM.

I'ma ll for restoration/preservation, but I want the damn movie I saw when I was a kid and have enjoyed for 22 years of my life on this Earth. Plain and simple.

Sounds like they've not altered the image in any way, which is good, but when that title comes up on the screen, it had better be "Raiders," in the same font & style as it has been for decades.

Otherwise, I'll return...never..buy...Indy...merchandise...again...yeah right.

Cheers,
Seab

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com