Re: Bonus Features that had better be included...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from ? (204.141.110.15) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 6:46pm :

In Reply to: Bonus Features that had better be included... posted by belloq from ? (204.141.110.15) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 6:25pm :

I was just looking at the box again and I realized that it was 4 DVD's. That got me thinking. I know I'm a fan, but if many recent mediocre movies are getting the 2 disc treatment, wouldn't it make sense to include DTS audio, commentaries, cut scenes, all the original documentaries, new documentaries, stills, etc. as a 6 DVD set in 3 containers for a classic trilogy like this? I believe at least Raiders should have a 2 DVD set by itself as number 60 on the AFI 100 list, as opposed to an unnecessary 2 DVD set for an unremarkable modern film like "Bounce"(Miramax).

I really don't think Paramount pushes their people to develop "ultimate" editions like the other studios anyway. But I am surprised Spielberg's people and Lucasfilm didn't push for the "completist" route for this trilogy after so long a wait and knowing their fan base. If they decide to release a true "ultimate special edition" in 2 years, I will boycot until the HD-DVD's appear. Enough's enough.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com