Retitling

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 12:55pm :

In Reply to: Re: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please. posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 11:28am :

: But no matter how much people try to defend it, the title change is still completely unnecessary. Does it really affect the actual film? Of course not. But does anyone need to have it re-titled so that the set will be more pleasing, thematically, to the eye? Or so that it doesn't disturb their need to have everything neat and orderly? No, it's just silly.

I admit that I do not like the re-titling, however, that's a dead horse as far as I'm concerned. The original rationalization seemed to be consistency plus renumbering to fit with the old "Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones" which included all the Young Indy stuff. Now the "Complete DVD Movie Collection" omits Young Indy and seems to restore the release order. I'm sure there will eventually be a "Complete" set with Indy IV in it as well. If they were so obsessed with consistency you'd think they would stop using the completely inaccurate word "Complete."

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com