Re: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 1:10pm :

In Reply to: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please. posted by Sean from d221-216-99.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.99) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 9:43am :

: Personally, I am 100% satisfied with the fact that Indiana Jones is appearing on DVD at all. I've been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I couldn't care less if all we ever got were the movies on disc becauses, after all, isn't that why we're all here anyway?

: In terms of extras, what can the Big 3 really contribute that we haven't heard in the last 22 years? At the risk of blasphemy, the interviews at the end of the recent VHS releases were a waste of tape.

: I agree, I wish they were given the DTS treatment, albeit for its' richness and warmth, but hey, 5.1 is good enough for me.

: We should be careful what we wish for. A mere matter of months ago, many people in the online community (and NOT just this site, The Digital Bits comes to mind) were complaining that we didn't have Indy on DVD. Now that we're getting them, I've heard so many people opposed to them. What gives?

: Will these serve as the super-duper Ultimate editions of Indy on DVD? Nope. Will different versions of the discs be released sometime in the future? Yep.

: Just be glad Warner Brothers isn't in charge.

: So, in summary, I am for one VERY GLAD AND SATISFIED at what we have heard about the discs, and even more stoked at the potential of that 4th disc, which will be revealed in the months to come. No DTS? Too bad, but I'll get over it. Title change...I'm coming to terms with it, provided they didn't change it IN the film itself.

: They're gonna have to hold me back on Novemeber 4th. Some stores had better open at midnight or I'm getting my best friend, some diggers, and pullin' a Well of Souls on my local video store.

: Cheers,
: Sean

OK, first of all, since I was absent when this news first hit the Internet, let me take a little time to vent:

HOLY CRAP! BOO YAH!!! OH YEAH, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! SWEET SWIRLIN' ONION RINGS, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Okay, now to actually address the thread:

First and foremost, I am thrilled just that this is finally happening. The DVDs are coming out this year, the fourth movie is set to release in 2005, it's just awesome.

Now, is it actually official that there will be no commentaries? If so, this is sad news. But still, I am psyched that we'll just have the movies on DVD at all.

The DTS is not much of an issue as far as I'm concerned, because I don't have the equipment necessary for that.

One thing I was wondering: The official site said there will be a new anamorphic widescreen transfer. Does this mean that this is a better, actual new one, different from the ones on the WS VHS copies and aired on the Sci-Fi channel? I am curious about this.

I'm just really glad to be having these coming out. I will keep my eye out here and at IGN, Digital Bits, et cetera to see if an "Ultimate Edition" will be coming out later, though. Hopefully there are some poor saps at Ebay who don't follow that stuff...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com