Re: Good points being made.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agent5 from cache-ra08.proxy.aol.com (152.163.252.8) on Friday, May 09, 2003 at 0:13am :

In Reply to: A spin on the DVD debate - Is Indy still relevant? posted by Sean from d221-216-99.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.99) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 7:20pm :

I think they have a nice strategy going in the marketing of the Indy DVD's. First they make us wait so long for no good reason, slowly building the demand. They're letting us know about the official release way before any of us can get our hands on it and show us that beautiful preivew just to get us salivating. Again. I think as the time draws near for it's release we'll see tons of commercials on TV and possibly even at the movies advertising this to a whole new group of people who've never seen them. The timing of the release itself is right before the holidays so I don't think they'll have any problems selling these for that reason alone. The first week they're out, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, Circuit City all have them on sale, probably for $35-$40 and it'll probably be on sale everywhere from then on until after Christmas. There is such a broad range of DVD buying habits by consumers and I think the Indy DVD's tap into more of those across the board than not. Something else that hasn't been addressed yet is that these films will again breath new life in the rental market. Those that don't want to buy them will just rent them now and again like in the old days. Even more money to be made on recycled movies. Lucas is a genius at it folks. Sheer genius. God bless em'.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com