Yeah, it seemed that they were missing a few.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from pcp429173pcs.pinhil01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.72.228) on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 9:58pm :

In Reply to: Glaring AFI Omissions posted by James from cpe-024-211-065-155.sc.rr.com (24.211.65.155) on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 12:48pm :

Gotta agree on Max Rockatanski, but definately disagree on Max Zorin. I always regarded him to be the absolute worst villian in Bond history; a cheap, considerably less intelligent version of Goldfinger.

Yeah, yeah--I'm a product of the times, but I really did expect John Rambo to be on that list somewhere (although Rocky did make the top ten, which did boost my faith in the system a little). I freely admit that I do enjoy the Rambo series; I consider them to be no more or less intelligent than a good western.

I really would have liked to have seen the Ghostbusters make the list, as well. I mean, let's face it--who wasn't cheering them on with the rest of the crowd when that old converted Cadillac ambulance pulled up in front of Central Park West to save the day?

I was surprised to see that Alan Rickman's character from Die Hard made the villian's list, but not Bruce Willis as John McLane on the hero's list.......ah, well.

In the villians department, I for one say that Millificent (Sleeping Beauty) would tear the Queen from Snow White a new orafice.

Certainly not expected to make the top of the charts, but I felt that Count Rugen, the six-fingered man from the Princess Bride deserved a place with the scum.

At least a mention should have gone to Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees--perhaps they could have shared a slot somewhere in the bottom forty. I suppose that these two simply weren't hoighty-toighty enough for the AFI to recognize.

Ah, well. I certainly can't argue with the #2 and #1 winners in the heroes category. If I one day have a son, his name will be Atticus. Atticus Jonathan, so that he could go by Johnny if he doesn't dig the selection his old man made for him.

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com