What sort of changes?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HellofaSandwich from edtntnt13-port-14.dial.telus.net (209.162.160.14) on Sunday, July 06, 2003 at 2:01am :

In Reply to: DVD's & glass reflections... posted by Sean from ? (216.221.81.96) on Saturday, July 05, 2003 at 9:33am :

I never bought the THX'd versions of the Star Wars trilogy, so I'm in the dark on that one. But as for digitally erasing the glass reflection... well, I dunno, I've got to admit that I'm not that opposed to the change. Ever since I read a post on Indyfan pointing this flaw out, it really, well, made the scene feel flawed to me every time I watched it. I couldn't help but think of the glass plane that was keeping Harrison out of danger during the scene and it kind of ruined whatever suspense was left for me. So I think I'm glad to see this one go, as long as I don't have to put up with a load of harsh changes in addition.

: Well, the Digital Bits pretty much just confirmed that Indy's reflection in the glass in the Well of Souls is being digitally erased.

: Before anyone starts ragging on Lucas, it was apparently at Spielberg's request.

: I dunno...I'm worried. Has anyone checked out the remastered THX Star Wars vs. the early 80's video editions? There are subtly editing changes. And there was no indication on the box or from official sources that these changes were made.

: God I hope they don't do this Indy.

: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: