In all seriousness, though...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 1:37am :

In Reply to: If you had to cast... posted by teachergreg from c-24-126-63-212.we.client2.attbi.com (24.126.63.212) on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 4:07pm :

: ...someone in the role of Indy (if Harrison couldn't do it), who would you pick?

... Indiana Jones is now such an iconic figure in cinematic history that anyone else playing a Harrison Ford-age Indiana Jones seems inconceivable to most. I can't quite quite put my finger on why, but it's not the same as replacing whichever actor is playing James Bond or Batman.

The closest choice I could think of is Sean Patrick Flannery, as he's already played a younger Indiana Jones before (in the TV show The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles). The problem with picking Flannery, though, is that Flannery is now about the same age as Harrison Ford was when Ford filmed Raiders of the Lost Ark - so that ultimately even rules Flannery out.

Even more ironically, Corey Carrier (the boy who played the really young Indy in the same TV as Flannery) is now in his early-20's, so he's about the same age as Flannery was in the days of the TV show (confusing, huh?). In any case, Carrier is still too young to play the Indy we all want to see on the big screen (although he did audition for the part of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones).

Sorry that I can't provide you with a serious alternative to play Indy. It just has to be Harrison Ford, even though he can now only play an older Indiana Jones than what we're used to seeing from the previous movies.

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com