Blast from the past - Raiders Record

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-42-30.home.cgocable.net (24.141.42.30) on Thursday, July 24, 2003 at 5:29pm :

FROM BANTHA TRACKS #15, FEBRUARY 1982

"Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Movie On Record

Feel the excitement all over again... this time in your own living room! Raiders of the Lost Ark is now available on a Columbia Records LP that comes with a full-color, 16-page booklet of photos and a fold-out cover imprinted with the text of the story.

The idea to do this album as an audio drama without narration came from Ben Burtt, designer of the special sound effects for Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Created from the original dialogue, sound effects and music tapes, the LP was engineered on computerized mixing equipment.

What makes this story album unique is the chance to re-experience the sensations--through sounds--of the movie's visual scenes. In your imagination, you can see the boulder hurtle towards you, as Indiana Jones races through the tunnel. From beginning to end, when the Ark of the Covenant is opened, the excitement never stops, while the album brings the movie back to mind."

(c) Lucasfilm 1982/2003

There was a picture of the album accompanying the text...I always get a kick out of vintage Indy things, before the advent of two sequels and the internet...there's a complete lack of irony or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. I miss those days terribly.

Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com