From what Indy John wrote at COW....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 at 1:11pm :

In Reply to: Re: If you live near Long Beach, CA... posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 9:42am :

...apparently Wal-Mart changed THEIR minds and said, paraphrased in an email to John, that the folks who submitted the essays etc. were 'to associated with the theater or regular t.v. type productions to be seriously considered, as they wanted 'real people' in the commercial. Huh? Not sure where they got THAT, as most of the folks I know that submitted have NOTHING to do with the industry. It is, though, a standard 'don't call us, we'll call you' type of response you get from these types. They changed their minds, I'm sure, as it would be MUCH cheaper to make an open 'casting call' and pick and choose what THEY wanted at a store, rather than finding an individual or two to fill the bill. MUCH cheaper, and well under budget, but I'm sure we'll see some humdingers come from a Long Beach Wal-Mart casting call. Sheesh. (nothing against anyone in the Long Beach area, but come on, there ARE REAL Indy gearheads IN the Long Beach area who could have been directly contacted for this commercial.) Oh well. So much for some folks possible '15 minutes (seconds?) of fame'. Regards. Michaelson

: : I'm profusely confused. Indiana John told us over at Indygear that if we submit an essay, the Wal-Mart officials would choose a person based off of their essay to be in the commercial. I did such that. Was all that hard work for nothing, or are they doing 2 commercials?

: Good question. Who knows what their thinking. Maybe your essay will be read by a celebrity like in those DirecTV commercials. I'm not sure whether their using the footage they got over the weekend for the commercial, or they are simply finding people for a commercial to be filmed later.

: --Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com