Re: Gear Question

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Friday, August 22, 2003 at 3:47pm :

In Reply to: Gear Question posted by 007 from adsl-68-78-24-194.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net (68.78.24.194) on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 5:31pm :

I have both. The Keppler is an EXTREMELY well made and comfortable hat. It's physically heavier than a Fed, equal to the weight of a PB custom in my opinion, but Lee has it down to a science, and it is indeed worth the extra monies. That said, the Feds are EASY to shape, and come with a set of instructions with the hat as well that work. DOn't be afraid of ordering one because you have to shape it. It's simple to do, and if you're unhappy with the results, just re-do it! Heck, if I can do it, YOU can! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: Greetings..... I want to order a fedora before the summer ends, and I have narrowed it down to two choices. 1) The Federation or the 2) Lee Keppler hat. I would really like to purchase the Federation, it's can be purcahsed for $89 including shipping, but I have no confidence in shaping it myself. I don't even know how to start shaping it myself and I really don't want to mess it up. The Keppler one is $130 before shipping, but it is already shaped. Could someone tell me the differences between the hats, quality, etc.? Is the Keppler version worth the extra forty plus dollars? Do you know of anywhere I can send the Federation to fix it after I screw up trying to shape it myself? Which would you buy? Any info you guys and gals would have is greatly appreciated... Thank you...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com