Indy IV news from Premiere Magazine...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from ? (216.221.81.99) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 5:25pm :

www.comingsoon.net reports that Premiere Magazine is running an article on the Indiana Jones films in its' latest issue.

Spielberg, Lucas, Ford & Kennedy Talk Indiana Jones 4 Source: Premiere Wednesday, September 10, 2003

We love anything and everything "Indiana Jones" and the latest issue of Premiere magazine has plenty of it! There's a very in-depth article talking about the secret history of the Indy films. The article also included comments from Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford and producer Kathleen Kennedy about Indiana Jones 4. We whipped that segment online for you...

Spielberg: I love that these movies were all shot the old-fashioned way. Digital hadn't been invented, so all the stunts were just like the kind you used to see in the silents to the early talkies. They were made in the tradition of old Hollywood.

I think the fourth film [which Frank Darabont is now scripting, for a possible June '04 start] is going to include some digital stunts, because I don't want to put anybody in jeopardy. Also, some of the things that are truly spectacular to watch will be done digitally, in order to keep up with the Joneses, so to speak.

Ford: I'm very pleased to be part of [the trilogy]. I was able to take it a lot more personally [than the Star Wars trilogy] because I was more central to the films. It was a wonderful experience, and that's why I'm so happy to do it again.

Spielberg: About three years ago, Harrison got kind of nostalgic for the character, and suggested that if we were interested in another one, he'd be interested, and I think that started the ball rolling.

Lucas: We're all getting pretty old. To be honest, I was reluctant to do [a fourth film], but it really had to do with those guys. Harrison and Steven said, "I really want to do another one."

Kennedy: I always said, "If you want to see the world, either join the military or make an Indiana Jones film."

'Get the ball rolling?' I think Spielberg made a funny, can I get a rimshot?

Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com