The fourth disc is AMAZING!!!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from c-24-126-113-38.we.client2.attbi.com (24.126.113.38) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 4:48am :

In Reply to: Great! posted by Sean from ? (216.221.81.99) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 at 9:10am :

: I'm really interested if the content of the 4th DVD offers new, fresh content or if it's a rehash...and the trailers. Awesome?

Wow, I haven't posted anything here in a REALLY long time, but I also managed to get the set early and needed to share my excitement. To answer Sean's question, the material on the fourth disc is AMAZING! I was feeling kind of upset that this set would only include one disc of bonus material, when I feel there should be enough to make each movie its own two disc set. Well, after watching the 55 minute Raiders documentary (the only one I've seen so far) I can tell you I had nothing to fear. What is packed into this documentary is incredible.

There is a plethora of behind-the-scenes footage in this program. All sorts of stuff shot on set when they were shooting the movie. Particular highlights include Tom Selleck's Indy screentest(!) with Sean Young as Marion, and unbelievable footage of the snake pit set crawling with 7000 snakes. Footage of Harrison Ford himself wrangling live snakes! The interviews are insightful and they actually contain some new information to even the die-hard Indy fan, not just regurgitation of the stories we all already know. (Although I was really surprised that the well-known origin of Ford's shooting the Cairo swordsman wasn't included.)

I can't swear that all three documentaries are as in-depth as the first one, but judging by the credits I bet they are. I am truly astounded by all of the original behind the scenes material included in this doc. I myself work on this type of moviemaking documentary, and I know how difficult it can be to come up with footage that actually illustrates what the interviewees are talking about, no matter how many hours of tape you have. The fact that these stories are all so well covered indicates to me that they must have TONS of behind-the-scenes footage available. But luckily for us, they've used it to put together a truly fascinating look at the making of my favorite movie of all time. You're all in for a real treat!

Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com