Re: Indy 4 on DVD?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cae168-220-253.sc.rr.com (24.168.220.253) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 1:53pm :

In Reply to: Re: Indy 4 on DVD? posted by Calixar from ca01-ch02-bl06.accel.pas.earthlink.net (209.179.168.35) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 9:45am :

: This is just my impression, of course... but I really feel like Lucas et al give Indy the shaft while focussing on their more "important" stuff.

I think this has been true of Lucas in the past, but I don't get that feeling from this set. Actually, Lucas' decision not to market the hell out of Indy has provided the series with a classier reputation than even Star Wars now carries. The dvd set really seems to come across as being a quality release, as opposed to something that just has way too much fluff material included.

My personal opinion is that they didn't worry about including every single bit of minutia and just wanted to focus on the films themselves. They obviously realize that the set will have to be updated after Indy 4 is released, and just wanted to do the best that they could now. I would expect an updated set around 2006 to contain all four films, and possibly a 25th anniversary edition of Raiders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com