Re: temple of doom underrated

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from pcp429173pcs.pinhil01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.72.228) on Monday, October 27, 2003 at 1:16am :

In Reply to: Re: temple of doom underrated posted by rivers from px4so.cg.shawcable.net (24.71.223.143) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 10:16pm :

Nah, I remember plenty of bad blood towards Temple long before Last Crusade came out.

Personally, I have kind of a love/eh-it's-okay relationship with the movie. Yes, like most Indy fans, I concur that it's the armpit of the series, but it's still a heck of a movie. I have a special place in my heart for it though, since it contains the most elements of why I dig Indiana Jones as a character. TOD had Indy, I feel, at his best. Tough as nails, yet tends to think with his heart rather than his head, and it get him in trouble at times (think nailing the giant Thuggee with a rock and giving himself away when he couldn't stand the sight of what was going on any longer), which makes him all the more human and easy to get behind. When he declares that they're getting out ("ALL of us"), and risks everything to get those kids out of that place and ultimately recovers the last Sankara Stone for the village, well--I guess all I can say is Doctor Jones is my kind of guy.

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com