Re: At the risk of getting flamed...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 9:08pm :

In Reply to: At the risk of getting flamed... posted by Vogel from cache-ra08.proxy.aol.com (152.163.252.8) on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 2:44am :

Howdy, y'all! Remember me? What's up?

I actually have been getting a bit nostalgic for the YIJC anyway, lately. I'll be glad when they're all released on DVD (this year or next year?). I don't know if they would want a theatrical release for it, but a TV resurrection I would try to watch for SURE. As long as they don't botch it up, I would enjoy a '20's Indy adventure with Flanery. :)

: ...I could see it.... since I'm a fan of the YIJC, I already associate Flanery with Indy whenever I see him. I don't think he's young enough to pull off the 1910's anymore, but definitely some adventures in the mid 1920's would be excellent. I don't think he should get too close to the "Harrison Ford" time era, but if he plays a younger, more naive Indy, I think the audience can suspend their disbelief.

: I know there aren't many other "Young Indy" fans out there.... perhaps if the TV show had been paced like the , it would have been different, and at the same time, it would have lacked the charm. I can't put my finger on it, but I, for one, would be intrigued at the prospect.

:
: : Hey:

: : I've sort of softened on the YIJC over the last while, perhaps due to advancing age, perhaps not.

: : I thought I'd bring this up again, as it has been hashed out before here...but new hash is good...uh...strike that.

: : Simple question - Would you support new Indiana Jones film projects with Flannery in the title role, possible set during the late 1910's, early 1920's?

: : I actually wouldn't mind seeing it, the more I think about it. Provided Spielberg were involved, and Rick McCallum didn't get his greasy hands anywhere near it.

: : Cheers,
: : Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com