Hellboy: the best Indyish movie since... Last Crusade!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from ca-whlywd-cuda7-c2a-a-151.stmnca.adelphia.net (68.64.112.151) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at 4:26am :

I was lucky enough to see an advance screening of Hellboy last night. If you're familiar with the comic series, by Mike Mignola, then you already know the Indyish adventure flavor of the story. But since the movie previews have so far been making it look more MIBish or X-Menish than Indyish, I thought I'd spread the word to fellow Indy fans. Go see this movie! It's awesome.

The opening is drenched in Indy flavor, and very well done. A secret Nazi occult ceremony on a remote island interrupted by Allied commandoes. The movie also contains booby-trapped tombs and ancient relics. Of course, it has a more horror-oriented bent than Indy, but all with a wink and an Indyish sense of humor. And if nothing I say convinces you, check out the wonderful Drew Struzan poster, which should tell you everything you need to know about the style of this movie: http://www.drewstruzan.com/portfolio/?fa=large&gid=598&mp&gallerystart=1&pagestart=1&type=mp

Hellboy was my favorite adventure movie in a long, long time. Guillermo del Toro is a very talented director.

Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com