More on Indy IV (yawn) plus Indygear note

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Elliott from 66-215-8-16.gln-mres.charterpipeline.net (66.215.8.16) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 at 1:17am :

More of the same Indy IV stuff from IGN Filmforce site; I'll add the text to the end of this post. Frankly, I'd just as soon see them let the project drop and leave our friends riding off into the "Crusades" sunset. (Hearing that Lucas spiked a character-driven script by the very talented Frank Darabont - ahh, it breaks the heart.)

For the non-purist Indy gear folks who'd like a short-sleeved Indy shirt, Levi's has an option. I passed a window display in California today. There was an Indy shirt, epaulets and color very close, though without the vertical bands, and an easily-removed red Levi's tag. If anyone expresses interest, I'll go back and get details about model, price and availability elsewhere in the country.

Tim

Here's the Indy IV update:

Marshall Talks Indy IV

Producer confirms it's still on.

July 09, 2004 - Just when you thought all hope was lost (again) for Indiana Jones IV and the epic reteaming of Harrison Ford, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, producer Frank Marshall is fanning the flames of fanboy fantasy.

In an interview conducted this afternoon, Marshall says that the project is still very much alive, despite continual delays and rumors that the parties involved have given up on the long-anticipated fourth installment of the classic adventure series.

"Indiana Jones IV is still in the writing stages; it's still a live project and Mr. Lucas is working on the script at this time," he told a group of journalists gathered at a press event for The Bourne Supremacy.

When asked if this meant Lucas was penning the screenplay by himself, Marshall replied, "No. There is a writer on the project... I won't go there."

Online rumors that Pirates of the Caribbean scribe Stuart Beattie is working on a draft have persisted.  The previous draft, penned by Frank Darabont, was subsequently rejected by George Lucas.  He apparently felt that the character-driven story needed a faster pace.  Insert sarcastic comments about the script quality of Lucas's own Star Wars prequels here.

So, just when can we expect more movement on Indy IV?  "Well I think that, obviously, we don't want to do this movie unless it's going to be great," Marshall says.  "There's only the downside of it if we perceive it as something we all don't feel is worthy. Now we're working on that last third. We'll all get our schedules together again but it's not gonna be for another year or so."
-- Brian Linder

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com