Re: Hmm...interesting

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from c-24-17-136-125.client.comcast.net (24.17.136.125) on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 1:46pm :

In Reply to: Re: 2007?- or Steve will eat Indy's hat? posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 2:55pm :

: : My memory isn't what it used to be, but I thought Lucas was the main one vetoing the Darabont script. When Spielberg says "my producer didn't like the script as much as I did," I'm guessing he is referring to Lucas who is an Executive Producer.

: Here's some corroborating evidence. At least Darabont blames Lucas. Here's the quote:

: The short and simple version of the Indiana Jones 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even moreso because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.

Lucas seems to lean more to the sci-fi/supernatural hocus pocus. When he first got his hands really dirty with the Indy project we ended up with Temple of Doom. I hope we don't end up with another ToD. But then again, he was also activly involved with LC so maybe it'll be okay?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com