Hey Michaelson

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from c-67-170-50-96.hsd1.wa.comcast.net (67.170.50.96) on Friday, April 08, 2005 at 1:15pm :

You mentioned before that you didn't like dealing with the western wear stores because they used too much stiffener. How was their blocking? Nobody around here seems to know how to do it and sometimes they don't know what it is. I ask because when I get in the Air Force I'll be able to try out different places for blocking. I was lucky to have known somebody who could do it that I asked for by name. Before my recent blocking, I had my hat blocked at a different western wear store and a 20 something girl said she couldn't do it because my hat was too small to block. I requested an open crown so she just poped the bashes out by hand and soaked it in stiffener. I also requested to leave the brim alone becasue it was fine but she turned it down all around. When I took it home I hat to re-create the snap brim by hand. I live in Olympia, and I went to a men's clothing store that sold hats and asked if they did blocking and they said no but they recomended a store in Seattle that might do it. They gave me thier card and I called them and asked and they said they did blocking. Oh boy! So I went up to Seattle and brought my shrunken mis-shaped mass of felt and they asked what's wrong with it. Wow how stupid I thought. I told them I needed it blocked and they started the steamer in the back room. 30 seconds later, they bring my hat out and it looks just the same but the lady took the pinch out of the crown so it looks sort of like a battered homburg. "Don't pinch your hat. You'll put a hole in the crown." What a blocking job!! I left Seattle and didn't look back. My latest blocking turned out great though. That's because I know someone personaly who can do those sorts of things. I consider myself lucky to have had my hat blocked. Nobody around here knows how or what it is. How's the blocking in Tennesee?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com