Uh-Oh - Why is Rick McCallum Still At The Ranch?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from CPE0050ba283333-CM014100206430.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com (65.48.102.185) on Sunday, October 09, 2005 at 10:37am :

With the recent new that the Indy IV script is nearing completion by George 'I Have No Internal Editor' Lucas coming from Rick McCallum, I am...concerned.

In the last decade or so, George Lucas has insulated himself from the real world, and surrounded himself with people who are seemingly afraid to tell him, "You know what Oh Flannelled One? That's a BAD idea." Frankly, George Lucas has become, well, weird.

McCallum is one of these people. He has proven himself to be the perpetual 'yes' man, someone who obviously prizes his own career over any artistic integrity. He is the new breed of Producer - a number cruncher who sees character such as Jar-Jar Binks in toy sales, not in terms of the greater good of the film.

My question is, what is he still doing there? The Star Wars Prequels are done. The 'Sith' DVD is out in a month so his involvement is over. Sure, he's involved with the YIJC DVD's, but why is he even uttering the Indy IV name? Why is he being kept in that inner circle?

I'm thinking Frank Marshall & Kathleen Kennedy better get down to the Ranch before it's too late. Ben Burtt has already left the house, it's not inconceivable to imagine other key players in the original Indiana Jones series dropping out.

Now we have word that a young female actress has been cast. Hmm...Lucas 'finishing' (read TAMPERING WITH) the script, young female...anyone else think that Marion is going to show up with Indy's daughter. Let's see...Fortune and Glory - Check. Come to terms with Faith - Check. Reconcile with Father - Check. What next in the personal crusades of Indiana Jones? Give him a daughter! Now HE has to grow up and become the family man at an advanced age. BRILLIANT!

Ah, who am I kidding. So long as there isn't a Gungan sidekick I'll be happy. But I remain concerned. I wonder how long it will take before the Special Edition of 'Raiders' is released in which the Cairo Swordsman gets a slice on Indy before he shoots him in cold blood...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com