Re: Indiana Jones and the...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from adsl-144-7-203.cae.bellsouth.net (70.144.7.203) on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 12:14pm :

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull posted by Brisco from cpe-76-167-70-211.socal.res.rr.com (76.167.70.211) on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 1:43am :

Don't feel bad. It wouldn't be my first choice either.

My initial reaction was that it was similar to the "Opal of the Merman Prince" joke that Ford delivered a few years back. It's definitely a title that is too long and awkward for its own good. Then again, so is "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark", but Lucas apparently liked that enough to repackage Raiders. (I wonder if this is an attempt to give that unwieldy title a counterpoint?)

Personally, I think "Indiana Jones and the City of Gods" was a perfect title. It flowed very well and had a nice pulp ring to it, much like Temple of Doom. Quest for the Covenant also sounded very classy, and formed a nice companion to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I avoided reading the leaked titles earlier, and now wish that maybe I had. Perhaps if enough fans had given feedback, they might have gone with the fan favorite? Of course, I realize that's a typical fanboy delusion. And after looking at the AICN Talkback for those titles, "Kingdom" was almost immediately singled out for being a lame title! Oh, the humanity. LOL

I'm still holding out a thin sliver of hope that this will only be a videogame title (for which it sounds perfect), or another attempt to misdirect everyone. I guess I won't really be convinced until I see it actually used on a teaser poster. (The press release at IJ.com only repeats Shia, while the logo unveiled at AICN doesn't really seem all that official. Shouldn't it at least be plastered all over the official website by now?)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com