Re: This film has been modified from its original version. It has been formated to fit your screen

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive890.dialup.mindspring.com on April 10, 1999 at 22:29:06:

In Reply to: This film has been modified from its original version. It has been formated to fit your screen posted by short round (aka blandar) on April 10, 1999 at 20:13:45:

Videos didn't always say this. Appropriately enough, I believe Steven Spielberg was one of the directors behind the movement (I'm not sure if it was a lawsuit or what) which resulted in the introduction of that disclaimer to all pan & scan home videos. He was trying to make video companies letterbox all home video because otherwise they were changing the work of the director. I remember seeing a show about this on Entertainment Tonight or something years ago. They demonstrated how Last Crusade shots were different- Like when the Germans barge into the room in the castle and say "...Dr. Jones" there is actually one wide shot of both the Germans' backs and Indy and his Dad but it is broken up into two different shots on the video. I'm not sure about the "rightful owner of this cross" line being missing, though. It's on my video I'm pretty sure.

Waiting for Indy on DVD,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: