Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on April 14, 1998 at 12:37:40:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. I Agree! posted by BAM on April 14, 1998 at 11:22:16:

: Totally agree with everyone. It's what you want it to look like that counts. In movies they only use what they can get - there are no real rules to stick to. Artistic licencing I think - even down to the costumes. The bag I have has 2 drain / breather holes but again there were a few variations in these bags anyway.

: Just as a point of interest - no-one seems to be asking too much about Indy's trouser / pants belt. The standard brass roller on a web belt. But again there's a change from film to film. In Raiders & TOD Indy has a brown web belt with the brass roller but in LC , it's khaki.

: Again it's what's avail at the time the movies made. Anyone have any clues about the brown web belt? I know the US military in WW2 had a tan web belt with brass roller, khaki is associated alot with air force / navy officers, etc.

: Khaki belts with brass roller used to be avail from The Cockpit in Long Island NY.

: regards all,

: BAM

Finding brown web belts is hard, but I've found a couple of possibilities. Dickies, the men's workclothes manufacturer makes a silver plated brown web belt that retails for about $5.99. Better yet, I recently discovered a web site that sells a brown web belt with a choice of buckles that includes traditional brass. The URL is http://www.louisagreen.com/
Just click the link belts, then click again under the subheading of waist belts. The brown belt is available in medium web width only. I haven't tried to order from them yet, so I can't give you any details on prices, merchandise, or potential problems, but it's a start.

In contrast, khaki belts are very easy to find. Almost all the online army surplus pages have khaki, usually in the range of 2-5 dollars. If you have a nearby surplus store they should also have plenty of belts available, in both khaki and tan. I couldn't find a single brown belt in my local surplus store, though; I don't think the military uses brown any more.

BTW, BAM thanks for answering my question on the jacket. You don't have to worry, though. There is no way I would pay double the price of the HANDMADE Wested Jacket for a mass produced copy. I was interested in the Disney products as collectors items, but if the pricing is this outrageous, forget it. Are Lucas and Disney completely clueless?

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]