Re: SEQUEL PHILOSOPHY

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sajnu from host-209-214-180-48.cae.bellsouth.net on May 04, 1999 at 10:31:51:

In Reply to: Re: SEQUEL PHILOSOPHY posted by Kali Ma on May 04, 1999 at 09:53:40:

Also, you can't leave out Sudden Impact. It's surprising that it's actually
the fourth Dirty Harry film that most everyone quotes from, ("Go ahead. Make my day.")

I don't think there's any "curse" on the 4th movies, it's got more to do with the people
making it. As in "Do they really want to making this movie?" Pretty much all of the really
bad 4's were made in an attempt to revive a career, cash in on the franchise, etc. Very few
are made for the sake of telling a good story or adding something to the series. Plus, most of
the bad ones people point out didn't have much going for them in part 2, 3, or 1 in some cases.
A bad movie's a bad movie no matter what number you call it!

Indy4 has going for it the fact that no one "needs" it. The franchise is intact reputation-wise,
no one needs to jumpstart their career with a hit, and no one involved really needs the money.
These films were always regarded as just for fun by Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford, and I think that's
really what's taking so long for it to be made. Simply, that they don't regard it as a pressing
project to do.

And besides, Indy has survived his share of "curses" anyway!

PS. But yeah, you named some winners!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]