Indiana Jones and The Quest for Goliath's Sword (chapter 18)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-tj033.proxy.aol.com on June 28, 1999 at 17:58:34:

Chapter 18
Lauren frantically searched the car as Indy yelled, “What are you doing?”
“I’m looking if there’s something we can use…” as she opened the glovebox and smiled, “Bingo.”
Lauren drew out Indy’s Webley as Indy said, “Give it to me.”
“Just keep driving,” as she opened the window and started to climb out. Indy grabbed her and said, “What the hell…”
“Trust me,” as she climbed out of the car and onto the roof. Lauren stood on the roof and yelled, “Keep it steady, Henry!”
Lauren aimed the gun at Donovan’s car. She fired the gun as Indy hit a rock. Lauren fell on the roof and Indy yelled, “Are you alright?”
Lauren poked her head in the window, “I’m fine,” she said, “Just keep driving.”
Bullets flew in the air as Lauren kept her body down. She looked back at the car and saw Donovan firing a gun from his car. Lauren aimed and said,
“Wise guy, huh?”
Lauren fired a couple of shots as Indy drove and then saw a truck driving towards them. He swerved roughly as Lauren fell from the roof, clinging with one hand on the door handle. Indy gasped and said, “Get in.”
Lauren looked ahead and saw the truck in the direction. She opened the door, and said,
“Jump out. On the count of three.”
“Lauren!” Indy said.
“We have no choice,” Lauren replied, “One.”
Indy readied himself as Lauren said, “Two.”
Then looked at Indy, she smiled and said, “Three.”
Both Indy and Lauren jumped out of the jeep into the shrubbery below. Indy rolled onto the ground and landed hard on the ground. Lauren somersaulted and landed next to her father on her feet. Indy looked at her and said,
“Impressive.”
“Thanks,” grinning as she looked back and saw their jeep and the truck collided and burst into flames. Lauren ducked as Indy pulled her along and said,
“C’mon.”
“Where are we going?”
“To the nearest town.”
“Not so fast, Dr. Jones,” as Amanda stood before them, a gun in her hand.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]