Wested durability, and a cry for help...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shade from 98C9D0B4.ipt.aol.com on July 19, 1999 at 14:46:42:

Yikes!

Everybody has an opposing opinion on the durability of the various materials that Wested fashions into Indy Jones jackets. I want a functioning Indy jacket, that I can wear out in public, or in the woods, or whataver, without worrying that it will be ripped to shreds if I brush up against a thorn bush, or put my back up against a tree. I want it to see some action, and I want it to last. But, I'm still as lost as when I started asking questions regarding the quality of the different variations of Westeds....

Some say that lambskin is more durable than cowhide, yet extremely lightweight, while others say that it could be torn easily if you caught it on something relatively sharp or jagged, or just yanked on it hard enough.

Others say that the cowhide is much more durable, and that, given the choice, a real Indy would certainly choose it over lambskin...but that the cowhide is far too heavy, and that the cowhide jackets don't look enough like the jackets in the films.

I have no idea what to make of all this! It seems that lambskin is either tougher than cowhide, or it isn't...but, all these opposing viewpoints on the materials are confusing as heck, and I still have no clue what I'm going to get for my $275! HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLP!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]