Re: Got my Aldens

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew from 209.89.107.164 on October 22, 1999 at 12:53:38:

In Reply to: Got my Aldens posted by red four on October 22, 1999 at 12:01:15:

Can't speak for the Aldens but every leather boot/shoe that I ever purchased rubs into my ankle for the first month then dissapears as it wears in. Could it be that your foot is slipping in the heel? Try putting an insole in the boot to give it a slightly tighter fit and prevent any slippage.

Andrew

: Hi,

: I got my Aldens about an hour ago. They fit great with the 1/2 size decrease recommended. I had my size taken at a shoe repair shop that does a lot of orthopedic shoe fittings, he confirmed that I wear a size 12, so I got the 11 1/2 Aldens and the size is perfect. The Aldens are actually about 1/4 inch longer than the boots I had been wearing, and they are a size 12. The color is a much lighter brown than I expected, the pics at Indygear show a much shinier, redder brown. Mine have a flatter, more brown than red color. The laces are a one step up from dark brown color. The other surprise is that these shoes are BIG. I always thought that they'd be more like a dress shoe than a workboot, but the sole is wide, the heel is wide and long, and the whole sole is thick. Very impressive, I like them more than I thought I would already.

: One problem I have is that the left shoe high top is digging into the top of my heel/ bottom of my ankle a little bit. I've had this problem on other shoes, and sometimes it disappears, sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else expieienced this?

: Thanks,

: John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: