Re: Help!! Indy shoulder bag info needed!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on May 27, 1998 at 21:52:53:

In Reply to: Re: Help!! Indy shoulder bag info needed! posted by D Borton on May 27, 1998 at 21:29:13:

:
: : Hi, there, I really could use some of the boards input regarding the Indy shoulder bag.

: : I have a line on a possible Indy bag in unissued shape from a collector here in the U.S. The problem is that I'm unsure that the bag in question is an authentic Mark VII. The bag was described as a WW2 British gas mask bag, green canvas, dated 1945. Sounds good, I know, but when I emailed back for the written contents of the bag it said this: Light 11 J.H.& Co (W) LTD 3/1945. All of the other bags I've heard of have had at least the VII marked in the bag. Is this really a Mark VII or were there other gas mask bags produced by the British at this time? Does anyone else have the bag with similiar markings, or are all your bags labelled Mark VII? Any help would sure be appreciated.

: Hi Laurie, What you might want to do is try e-mailing a photo of the
: bag to the collector so they can confirm that it is the bag you want. Max Schulte posted two really good pictures of the bag a couple weeks ago on the forum. It does sound like it could be the Mark VII bag.. I have two of the bags, one is labeled
: "J.M & Co.(W) LTD 1942 MARK VII" along with a serial number.
: The second is a later issue with only the serial number printed on the inside flap. The newer one has some minor differences in the strap, strap attachments, snaps and drainage holes. Its also a little darker green but other than that the bag is the same design.
:
: Good luck and hope this helps.

: Dan

Thanks for answering Dan. I hope that I don't sound stupid, but how do you e-mail a photo from the web to another person? Do you need a scanner (we don't have one yet)? It sounds like a Mark VII and the price is great, but I want to be sure before I spend any money for it. Could you give me an idea on how to send a picture?

Once again, thanks for any help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]