Human Sacrifice- The Speilbergian Way!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from mariner.org on December 18, 1999 at 13:27:38:

In Reply to: The Rummi Tap(s/p) scene vs. the Thugee Sacrifice scene. Which was nastier? posted by Short Round on December 18, 1999 at 13:13:03:

: Of course anyone here who has seen Young Sherlock Holmes remembers the sacrifice scene on there. I totally thing it was inspired by ToD!(It was made a year or two after). But still, ToD had the best sacrifice scene! I don't mean to sound like an El Sickian(In-joke between me and the Lamberts) but when I mean best, I mean an original gory sacrifice scene. Although I would prefer neither one, but having your heart ripped out and slowly being lowered into lava is worse than just being slowly burned to death by acid, but both are most dangerous in their own ways. What's your vote? See ya, Shorty.
: "No one seen this for a hundred years." -Indy, ToD.

Hey, Shorty. I'd have to go with the heart ripped out/lava method myself. But then, maybe I'm just an old sentimental guy. Back when ToD came out, that sacrifice scene was the scariest thing most seven year olds had seen. I know I've knocked that movie a couple of times in the past, but it still rocks. Just my two cents.
-graml
PS The preferred method of ritualized murder with the Thugs was strangulation. They'd creep up behind their victim, wrap a silk scarf or cord around his throat and repeatedly whisper the name of "Bhavani" over and over in his ear. That way, the last thing the victim would hear would be the name of the goddess his death was appeasing. Man, I missed my true calling....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]