Re: On the topic of YIJC...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP218.dialsprint.net on January 12, 2000 at 04:55:07:

In Reply to: On the topic of YIJC... posted by Patterson on January 11, 2000 at 16:52:40:

: I watched Peacock's Eye, and was less then impressed as well. I had seen some of the series when it aired on ABC, and remembered it as being better.

: Could some of you more steeped in the series rattle off some of the better ones to get? My kids liked Peacock's eye and would like to see more. I don't mind getting anything Indy-related, but would rather get ones I'll enjoy as well.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Hey. It's heartwarming to see young Indyfans in the making. Depending on how young your kids are, you may not want to expose them to some of the WWI era episodes yet. The battle scenes were sometimes gruesomely realistic (I remember a particularly vivid scene involving the use of mustard gas) and might give some folks nightmares. Unfortunately, I'm part of that late 80s-early 90s generation that was desensitized early by violent video games and movies, and I was never too squeamish. But the episodes bud-arc and Deirdre Jones suggested are two of my favorites. Just my two cents.
-graml
PS Please don't read this as a sermon on how to raise your kids. I just felt I should warn you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]