Re: Raiders fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-38-136.barrie.connex.net on February 05, 2000 at 13:52:54:

In Reply to: Raiders fedora posted by INDY JONES on February 05, 2000 at 12:28:30:

Hi Indy:
Look - pound for pound the Herbert Johnson hat IS Indiana Jones'...There may be hats that are more accurate in appearance to the Raiders look initially, but if I didn't spend $450 on the hat I might take it out in the desert and beat it with a stick. It can be shaped however you please, I've made mine look like the Raiders hat, the Temple of Doom hat, and the Last Crusade hat. There's NO doubt in my mind this is the same hat. I've agonized over detail for years and this is the most accurate hat I've ever seen, and the added bonus is that it's made by the same people who supplied them for the movies. For all this debate in the Forum regarding the hat, I don't think anyone, regardless of their preference, can deny that it was Herbert Johnson (or his company that is) who supplied the hats for the 3 movies. I'm not sure if you have Issue 13 of the Lucasfilm Fan Club magazine, but if you do, turn to page 2. There's a shot of Harrison Ford standing beside Vic Armstrong, and they're both in costume. THAT'S the way my Herbert Johnson fedora looked when I took it out of the box. There's no way that any hat could be more accurate than the Herbert Johnson if you're looking for the Last Crusade look. But, for any of the other movies' look, it only takes a little bashing to make it look right. Anything else is a rip-off.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: