Here's the scoop...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on February 22, 2000 at 20:11:30:

In Reply to: Wested shipment/delivery?? posted by Ender on February 22, 2000 at 17:36:47:

: Hey, to all who recently (within last week) got their Wested's... (Or to anyone who knows! :) ) How are the Wested's shipped? I'm talking about the one with the confirmation number... Here's why I ask: I thought it was the US Postal Service, once it hits the US... However, on their (www.usps.gov) site, when I put in the tracking number I got via telephone with Wested, it does not register as being on there. I'd like to know, so that I can call and see if a person knows what's up.

: Thanks in advance,

: Ender

The tracking number Wested provides comes from ParcelForce - the UK's express delivery service run by the government. On an international parcel coming into the US, that tracking number will transfer into the USPS's system as a unique tracking number.

Here's how it works:

Say your ParcelForce number is EE892625040GB. ParcelForce picks up the Package on Monday. By the end of the day Tuesday this number will show activity in the ParcelForce tracking system. If it is coming stateside, the activity will be limited to basically confirming its been posted. That means it is on an airplane to Dallas customs. It ought to enter customs on Wednesday, and will be kicked out into the USPS system on Thursday. From there, you can use the same tracking number to track it stateside in the USPS web site. It comes out of customs "hot", i.e. it is considered Priority from there. Depending on the ultimate destination, it ought to arrive 1 or 2 days later via USPS, with or without customs due.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: