Re: Hats and Weather and all that wonderful stuff

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-141.COL.cableone.net on April 01, 2000 at 16:10:08:

In Reply to: Re: Hats and Weather and all that wonderful stuff posted by INDY JONES on April 01, 2000 at 12:36:10:

: Dear Juggleork

: I must say that there is really no hat that wont shrink in the snow or rain.
: Heres the first pointer:
: Indy Jones' hat was fur felt. There is totally no hat that wont shrink
: that is made of fur felt.Rain hats, which are made of canvas, pretty much, are the things for snow or rain.Akruba made leather hats or those oilskin things that hold up to pretty much everything

: Heres the second pointer
: Do you ever notice that Indy Jones never takes his hat off after it has gotten wet? Like when its raining in Last Crusade and he goes through the window to rescue his dad. Well, notice that through the motorcycle ride he keeps it on. The trick to this is when u get a hat soaked or pretty much wet, let the hat stay on your head so that it wont shrink. Seriously, this does work. If the hat is drenched, you have to leave it on for a while. Pretty much until it is bone dry.
: Even if u have had it on for a while and u think. Let me tell you...i did that with one and the thing shrunk. The best thing to do is, if u want to wear a hat in the rain, get a cheap one. Well, I hope this helps
: Regards

: INDY JONES

Right! All felt hats will shrink, its the nature of the material. Do invest in the new Biltmore Miller hat, it is the way to go, unless of course, you want to fork out the big bucks for the HJ. I now own 3 of these Indy Miller hats, and you can't go wrong in getting one, even though the brim will have to be cut down on the sides, and the ribbon changed. This is absolutely the closest hat you can buy to match Indy's fedora. I said it after I got my first one, and I'll say it once again. My search for the ultimate fedora ended when I aquired one of these. If you are afraid of the rain, get some of the stain/water repellant treatment made for felt hats, and keep it treated. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]