Return From The Great Adventure

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on April 25, 2000 at 12:51:10:

Yes I have returned and have lived to tell my tells of the expedition. There were surprises and disappointments.
First Wested:
I have in my possession an exclusive on camera interview with Peter Botwright. It covers Peter's first involvment in the Raider's up to now. Peter also answers many of the questions that have been raised here and on the chat. Included is footage of the Wested shop and shots of varies options. But having said that I do have to say I am disappointed in my jacket. It is too long. Peter cut the sleeves shorter (too short) but the bottom of the jacket is too long. I am having it altered. But mostly it is just too new. I looked like every other guy in London. (Every man in London wears a leather jacket) It looked very Euro. I got lucky when buisness took me to Hatfield Studios were they were shooting "Band of Brothers". The new Saving Privite Ryan TV show being produced by Hanks and Spielberg. I had a chat with the wardrobe people. I was asking about Deborah Nadoolman, the costume designer on Raider's. They had not heard of her, but while I was talking to them I noticed they were aging leather jackets and boots. They showed me how they use acetone to remove color. I got some acetone and it worked great. No damage to the leather, but watch out for the fumes.
Herbert Johnson's Hat Shop:
I already posted the account of my visit to HJ's a few weeks ago and the discovory of the misplaced box of hats. As I said then, I had one on my head and could have bought one that day. It was tempting but $300 dollars is way too much for any hat in my opinion. (If you think that is expensive, they have a top hat for 900 pounds!)
Noel Howard:
From speaking to Peter I was under the impression that Noel was more of a middleman. (to no fault of Peter's) I have since learned that was not the case. I now regret that I did not visit Noel. Next time.
Raider of the lost Ark:
Harry is the first Indy fan that I have met in person. It was a pleasure chatting with him. I did buy a bag from him. It was brand new. I don't care for the strap though. It is TOO stiff and a little short for me. The buckle is not correct either. But I am really pleased with his bag. It is the perfect color.
So there you have it. The highlights at least. Well enough rambling from me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]