I wouldn't bet on it...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on June 22, 2000 at 13:14:54:

In Reply to: Re: This is the brightest news I've heard in awhile about a fourth Indiana Jones installment. posted by Cereal Killer on June 22, 2000 at 11:49:51:

: I read about this on AICN and it is great news (except the sad part about Remy's death). The part that most excited me was the where one of the principals (I think it was Spielberg) said they want Indy IV to be better than "Raiders."
: I'm excited that they've set an impossible standard and seem determined to reach it. I've been vocal about my disappointment in "Temple of Doom" and to a lesser degree "Last Crusade." They might have been good movies (well, not "Temple") but they paled in comparison to the masterpiece that was "Raiders."
: I hope that if Indy IV really becomes a reality I can one day say that it is my favorite of all the Indy movies.
: Imagine how incredible it would be to have a movie be even more exciting than "Raiders?" It boggles the mind.

Even though as you read Spielberg hopes to make it better then Raiders, I doubt it would stand up to Raiders, with or without M. Night Shamalyan's help (provided that all this stuff is true). With all the jokes going around this forum (myself included) on how Harrison is getting old and such (jokes are still even made in the general public, read anything about "Six Days Seven Nights", you'll read all these reviews on their disgust at a "geezer-and-a-girl" movie), it will be held under mass scrutiny. Will people be able to be convinced that Harrison can still pull off all those action scenes he went through back in his glory days of the 80s and early 90s?

And Cereal Killer/ROB T., I wouldn't advise that you walk in to the movie theatre playing Indy 4 in 2003 (assuming that all this stuff is a reality) thinking you will get an Indy film better then Raiders. It won't have the same freshness as when you experienced Raiders in 1981. Audiences will have walked in the theatre, having experienced this sort of thing 3 times before, they'll know a little bit of what to expect. Expecting it to be better then Raiders is way too impossible. You will have placed too much expectations on it, and you'll probably be just as dissapointed with it as you were with Temple of Doom. The way I'll walk in the theatre is hoping that it will be better then Crusade or just as good as Crusade, since that one is my least favorite.

Sorry to subject you with this. I'm too cynical these days.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]