You are not worthy to be called an Indyfan! YOU FORGOT...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndyCrusader from 1Cust4.tnt10.atl2.da.uu.net on July 12, 2000 at 22:18:17:

In Reply to: Here's an idea.... posted by Brian K. on July 12, 2000 at 12:23:24:

: We've seen Indiana Jones valiantly fight off Nazi's and and Thuggee's, beating the tar out of his opponents trying to save the girl, artifact, himself, or all 3. We've seen this guy through success after success, but we've never seen how he deals with loss. The only person he got close to in the movies that he lost was Elsa, and at heart she turned out to be a Nazi collaborator. What if in the next movie we saw Indy deal with loss? Maybe his father or Sallah would die to save him, or keep whatever artifact they're looking for out of the wrong hands. I think it would dramatically increase the emotional range of the character. Maybe he could even fail to obtain the artifact. The "bad guys", whoever they are, shouldn't win, because that would be totally depressing and contrary to the concept of the old serials that Indy is derived from, but what if this artifact is destroyed. It would be much more painful for him to lose the artifact that way than to lose it to the gov't like the ark, or giving it back to the people like in TOD, since any chance to study it is now gone. That's got to be a great professional loss, No? As far as adding characters like a kid, I don't think so. It would seem very contrived and I would think that parental instinct would make indy want to keep said kid away from such adventures...

: Just my .02

: Brian K.

MARION!!! How could you forget the "death" of Marion in Raiders? Remember? After the basket chase, she gets "stuffed" into a truck which gets blown to high heaven. Indy drowned his sorrows with hard liquor and turned semi-suicidal, or at least, saw the value of his life greatly reduced.

Belloq: "Do you realize what the Ark is? It's a radio for speaking to GOD!"
Indy: "You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

--IndyCrusader

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]