Agree and disagree...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on August 04, 2000 at 11:04:14:

In Reply to: Jacket stuff... too much of it posted by DeWayne on August 04, 2000 at 07:25:06:

I've seen the "new" jacket at the adventure outpost - it is actually the return of the Cooper licenses jacket made by a company in Dana Point, CA. There were two of them last weekend - they pulled them out of back-stock because they were running out of things to put on the shelves. Apparently they've decided to order another run of them from Dana Point because they sold better then the ones with the cuffs. Other then the straps being backwards, they are very nice jackets - pretty authentic. I'd agree that they are a nice mix of all three jackets.

On the Raiders jacket, I'd have to disagree. In the "Give me the whip scene" - I used a Sony commercial editing deck hooked up to Sun microsystems 450 on a 31 inch digital monitor - cool toys! The collar band is leather. I have to thank you for the description of the strap configuration on IndyGear, by the way. I struggled with some of this stuff sitting in the editing room at work - in some scenes things looked one way and in others they were totally different. I remembered your description in the site and pulled it up. Then I began to realize there were basically two side strap configurations used in the Raiders movie. The one you describe was used on the jackets with d-rings, as it appeareed that the straps were cut longer on these.

The ones with rectangular rings were simply pulled through the way the current Wested comes. The rectangular rings seem to gat more screen time, though the they split time in the temple scene and the flying wing scene. The best place to see the rectangular rings is very breifly while Indy is lying on the edge of the opening of the well of souls.

The d-ring jackets had the attachment of the rings on the outside of the rear panel. The rectangular rings are tucked under the panel. All of them had the straps attach at the seam running about 2 inches (varies by the size you have) from the hand warmer slit. None of the attached next to tha handwarmer slits, like the Wested's do.

The side strap configuration on the Wested IS the Last Crusade configuration, because that is the only pattern I believe Peter to actually have.

Man, I'm even getting tired of the jacket. Hey, I'm going to look at what is supposed to be an original jacket from Raiders this weekend. I'll post a full report on what I find.

Regards,

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: