Re: Little hope for Indy IV toys IMHO

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Thomas from user-38lci04.dialup.mindspring.com on August 24, 2000 at 17:46:41:

In Reply to: Little hope for Indy IV toys IMHO posted by Micah on August 24, 2000 at 13:25:33:

Granted, TOD only brought three new toys, and Last Crusade brought three foreign produced Indys, but the action figure industry has changed considerably since then. Almost every movie has a toy line of some sort to go with it. I don't think we'll see a glut of figures a la Star Wars (although that would be a wet dream to have an Indy line as comprehensive as the SW line), but I think we'll see a handful of figures and a 12" Indy to go along with it. If those are successful, maybe another series or two. Again, toy companies won't ignore the fact that the Toys McCoy Indy is going for $1000+ on eBay. Whoever gets the license will produce their own, albeit inferior, 12" Indy, but at a retail price of $20-$30.

: Regardless, I feel that the Toys McCoy Raiders figure will always be the ULTIMATE Indy figure regardless of what could come later.

ULTIMATE Indy? I say it's the ULTIMATE toy, period.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]