Re: Ford's age vs. reprising the role

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 63.31.50.188 on September 02, 2000 at 07:17:23:

In Reply to: Ford's age vs. reprising the role posted by Indy 4: Death of a legend? on September 02, 2000 at 03:15:06:

Although this has nothing to do with Indy-rleated clothing or gear, I guess we should let it on here.

I could only read about two-thirds of it and I don't necessarily disagree with where it was going. Ford really does look his age these days. And it's especially sad to look back at some of the movies he's made the last 11 years and think that he really wasted some of the time that could've been spent on Indy IV and V (did the world really need a "Sabrina" remake?). Obviously he doesn't want to be typecast as an action hero and wants to prove himself as an all-round actor. As if there were any doubt.

And as for Spielberg and Lucas, they seem to subscribe to the "always leave them wanting more" philosophy when it comes to Indiana Jones. (I like the "Star Wars" series, but this philosophy would've been better applied to them--just my opinion.) And those guys sure don't need the money.

Replacement Indys? Sean P. Flannery is too weenie to play the adult Indy, though he was okay as the post-adolescent hero. I vote for David Schwimmer from "Friends", or the guy who plays the father on "Malcolm in the Middle" or Dana Carvey or David Spade.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]