Re: My Wested is fixed!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on December 11, 2000 at 15:18:57:

In Reply to: Re: My Wested is fixed!!!!! posted by Indydawg on December 08, 2000 at 19:38:43:

: : : Well, at least my local leather guy says that it is. I put up a post a few days ago about the satin lining tearing in my LC jacket...it tore about 1 1/2" right down the seam in the right-hand back seam...I gave it to my guy on Monday, and he has it ready for me to pick up this afternoon! So...we will see how the repair went! It still breaks my heart...I mean, the jacket was little more than a month old! Ahhhhh, well.

: : : Indydawg

: : I'ts probably better now than it was when it arrived. It probably had a flaw in the original seam, so this fix will more than likely end any and all problems you'll have with this lining. From what you've told me before, your man knows his business, so based on that, I think you're actually in MUCH better shape than when it originally arrived. Regards. Michaelson

: Hey there pal!!!! I have to contact you offline soon about some other stuff, but I wanted to say hello and thanks for the advice! I got the jacket back and it is SOOOO fixed! I can't even tell where the tear was now...and you KNOW how critical I am of detail! Anyway...he did such a good job, I think when summer gets here and I won't be wearing it for a few weeks (Marvin runs a solo job and is always swamped with work...he put a rush job on mine so I could have it this weekend...what a guy!) that I will give it back to him and let him reinforce all the stitching in the lining. What do you think? I think he can and would do it, but is it a good idea?

: OH, and tell your daughter Happy Birthday...it is coming up this weekend, right? I'll talk to you later!

: Thanks again!
: Indydawg

Great news, my friend. Yep, old "D. Jones" here at the forum has turned the grand old age of 20! Kinda catches up with ya. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]