Re: A Herbert Johnson question. Don't take offense, I'm just curious...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-164-153-78.nyc.rr.com on February 21, 2001 at 07:18:15:

In Reply to: A Herbert Johnson question. Don't take offense, I'm just curious... posted by Shawnkara on February 21, 2001 at 05:43:12:

They made the original, so they know how the hat looked in the films. I own a HJ and also must speak of it's outstanding quality of materials. Everyone's got a different opinion, though, mind you.

My feeling is that HJ and Peters Brothers both make an equally authentic looking hat, but some people go to HJ because they made the original. That offers the HJ owner a little bit extra.

Indy Sean

-----

It : Because of the quality/accuracy issues with Wested, we have now seen the end of a long quest to achieve the perfect 'Raiders' jacket, aka 'Expedition'. The question: why do people keep going to HJ? From what I understand they have not been able to stock the exact 'Raiders' model for years, yet people keep going to them for the 'Raiders' hat. All you are getting is something 'close'. And I've read a lot of complaints here at Indyfan. So, why bother when Peters Bros can make any hat you want, in the USA, for a lot less cash? A lot of people keep pointing out the fact that the FS jacket is 100% accurate, AND made in the USA. The same is true of Peters Bros. With Wested people speak of long shipping time, inaccuracies, poor customer service, customs fees, misdirected orders, returned orders. From what I've read from a few here the problems with HJ are nearly parrallel (sp?). So, why hasn't the advent of Peters Bros shoved HJ loyalty into the gutter the way FS seems to be doing to Wested? As I said, I'm only curious....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]