Good reasoning Kent. Here's what I have to conclude...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Eastwood from 1Cust127.tnt1.fresno.ca.da.uu.net on March 18, 2001 at 03:29:01:

In Reply to: These are my beliefs and concerns for the hopeful Indy four starring Harrison Ford posted by Kent on March 17, 2001 at 21:49:38:

First off, I believe Harrison Ford is the only person that can play Indiana Jones. Spielberg and Lucas are already having trouble making ONE, so that if they hire DiCaprio, and its the last film in the series, why introduce us to a new Indy when we couldve learned a lot more about the original? It's like they'd introduce us to Leo, say ,"Here's the new Indy." and then after that, the audience would have to wait another 10 years to learn more about him. If they did that, my 8 bucks would not be included in the Box office gross. If Lucas wants to milk the people for the green some more, he'd put a bunch of references to the other movies in this new installment, so youd have to rent them to get the jokes. However, the other films made no references to each other (except when Indy mentions the Ark in Last Crusade, but there may be a few more). Kent, there was a point I really agreed with you: the writer. They're to afraid to f*ck up, but I don't know what to do about that. And I did like how you mentioned the 4th film being like TOD. I dont think it should have to do with Kali, slave children, sacrifices, and gross out scenes, but it did a good job of a story without Nazis. I want Spielberg to break new ground on this film, and I think he will, because he has developed into an even better director with some great films in the past 12 years (Schindlers List, Saving Private Ryan). 2 things remain: don't gut the thing with the CGI- knife and don't listen to any of Lucas's suggestions about making it scary, adding in dumb ass characters for just the kiddies, AND NO ACCENTS THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED RACIAL SLURS. This is just my honest opinion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]