Indy Sean - Whip Answers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupC173.mpls.uswest.net on March 22, 2001 at 00:23:00:

I haven't been on in a couple of days and I just saw your whip questions below.

Yeah I'd go with the 8footer if I were you. It just looks more correct to me.

It's still snowy here so I haven't had a chance to crack it yet, but I'm really anxious to try the sumbitch out. It really seems like it'll be easy to crack and fun to use.

I ordered mine through the Western Stage Props website, which was formerly called Mark Allen Productions I think. Anyhoo, my David Morgan is in the "tan" color, so I ordered my Mark Allen in the "dark brown", because I wanted a whip that was darker right away, without having to age it. The color is really pretty cool. It's a very dark brown with a hint of burgundy. It looks just like Indy's whip that hangs on his belt in "The Temple of Doom". But if I were only going to have one whip I would probably choose "tan", SIMPLY for authenticity purposes.

Yeah I was pretty anxious to get the whip, and I was VERY surprised to find that it was shipped and arrived at my door in about 4-5 days. I was told that they have MOST all lengths of 12-plaiters in stock ready to ship. So you shouldn't have a very long wait at all.

One thing to warn you about is the stiffness of the whip right outta the box. I remember thinking my David Morgan would never break in, but now it's very manageable. My Mark Allen is still stiff, because I haven't used it yet. I reckon once I take it out and crack it a few times it'll loosen right up.

A word to the wise, I believe USWings sells Mark Allen whips for slightly cheaper than Mark Allen themselves. Just a thought.

But I also heard someone say they ordered "tan" from USWings but the color they describe sounds more like my "dark brown". So I don't know it USWings has some inaccurate info or if their "tan" is actually darker than David Morgan's.

Hope this info helps ya, and have fun whippin' imaginary Nazis. Just make sure you wear sunglasses for a while until you're sure you won't whip your eye out...."You'll whip your eye out!"

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]