To MK

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust71.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on April 17, 2001 at 13:21:59:

Hey:

I've started the process of acetoning the Wested "Temple" jacket. I've taken photos of the front and back before the acetone job, which I'll post along with the finshed product. I've also taken photos with only the right half of the jacket acetoned(front and back. This is so people can use the original color as reference when seeing the acetoned side, all in the same photo. Tonight I'll be finishing the acetone application. I'm really liking the results so far and it's actually been a lot of fun.

However, I feel that this is only a good "start". I've acetoned the entire portion to some degree, and have applied even more to edges and seems. It makes it look so broken in without actually damaging the jacket. However, I'm really going to need the edges and blemishes to lighten up even more if it's going to resemble the "Temple" jacket. I've put coat after coat on the edges, but I seem to have met the treshold of what acetone can doe. So, now I'm considering actually using an abrasive on the edges. If I do decide to go the far what do you recommend I use?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]